Tuesday, September 7, 2010

up and at em

And so it begins again, another week full of busy days and Shane working.  We had an immensly busy weekend.  Saturday the inlaws came, but before that we had to get tons of work done around this place.  If I haven't told you before, we live in an old farm house that is in desperate need of some TLC.  I spent that day in preparation, cleaning, bleaching...that sort of thing.  Then we had to take a bunch of metal off to the scrap yard, which consists of me scurrying down a snake infested trench trying to hook a chain around the metal so that we could drag it out with the truck.  *insert heebie jeebie here*   Sunday we had to get a fence put up, which took foreeeevvvver, then Shane had a disc golf tournament (in which he won 2nd place), and then we had to redo the ceiling in the living room.  It was cracked, so instead of painting we put one of those drop ceilings in.  MASSIVE improvement, might I add.  I will work on pictures soon, I promise.  I've also been trying my unskilled hand at interior decorating.  I have never been too bueno at this, but I like some of the things I've done so far.
Anyway, Monday would have been our day of rest, but Shane had to run down to Poppy's to get the hay bales picked up and then pull up the electric fence so the cows could set out to graze.  That took him the better part of the day, so while he was gone I tackled mountains of laundry, gave dogs a bath, cleaned the kitchen, attempted to fix the vaccuum cleaner (to no avail) and got supper going.
We had to have a work week just to get a break lol
I DO like living out here, its just somedays I'm not so enthusiastic about the work that comes with it.  I've noticed that I'm really tired lately.  Not just the, "oh I didn't sleep well last night" kind of tired, but just DRAINED on every level of my being.  I've tried naps, they don't help.  I don't really know what else to do.  Vitamins maybe?  Exercise maybe?  Only problem with the exercise is that my back is seriously messed up.  idk what I did to it or when, but I can't sit for long periods of time or lift much of anything without being brought to my knees in pain. I really need to go to the dr.  Sometime.
anyway, that's my weekend paraphrased.  i will tell you that my next post will be a whole bunch of pictures :)

4 comments:

  1. vitamin b12 super complex... trust me it works

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought some b12 vitamins..I'm guessing they aren't the same thing because I take them and get nada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Trisha,
    just checking in to see if you made any headway with the info i gave you. Sorry youre feeling tired - i am too actually - too much to do and too little time to get it all done. BTW - you look gorgeous in the pics you recenty posted. Hugs to you. K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @K- i have kind of been hitting brick walls, but haven't given up. As soon as I get some more minutes on my phone I will be back at it. I have been given some ideas, some advice...just gotta have someone stand up in court with me.
    working on it... Hugs back at ya

    ReplyDelete