Oh to be that unmaterialistic again. Now days I have to remind myself that it isn't what we don't have, it is what we do have. (even when I really really want that thing I DON'T have....) I don't view the world as a child so much anymore, but boy oh boy can I still pout like one ;)
Jenna, my daughter and middle child, was a "shiny thing" collector and a big time Momma's baby. She always wanted whatever I had, and if I made a big deal out of something (ie: the empty makeup powder compact)...she thought it was a prize to be treasured. It was not uncommon to see her prancing around with my hair ties, or her play makeup. She loved her babies too. I remember when David and Jenna would make a full game out of an empty laundry basket (usually because they dumped it out) and wooden kitchen utensils. David was always the Pirate Jack Sparrow, and Jenna was always a Princess in distress, and typically the boss of that poor pirate ;) That little girl has opinions and you had better share them.
As they got older, David was HUGE into Pirates of the Carribbean and everything Star Wars. I kid you not, that boy could quote line and verse from that movie. He even had the action moves down. Picture a tall lanky kid with huge brown eyes trouncing and high kicking in his Nemo tighty whiteys...that was David :) LOL
Jenna's favorite movies were typically the girly movies, but she loved Alladin. She was Princess Jasmine. I can tell you that on more than one occasion I had a tea party with Princess Jasmine, only to have it crashed by Darth Vader. What was really funny is that you always knew he was about to run in because he would hum Darth Vaders theme song. Dum Dum Dum Dum-da-dum... hahah! When he got sleepy he'd hum it just before dozing off. it was hillarious.
Jenna, as she got older, was HUGE into Hannah Montana. As much as that poptart annoyed me, I indulged her and fixed her up with the apparrel, the wig, the microphone...and she pranced around singing the songs. I prefered Jenna's versions better than Miley's. Jenna was far cuter.
Bryce is a pretty good mixture of both David and Jenna. He has a love for music, like his Sissy, but he also has a huge love for abstract items that you wouldn't think would serve as toys, just like his Bubba. Bryce is a really big snuggler, but his favorite play toy is Daddy. He isn't huge in to tv, maybe because we don't watch much to be honest. On any given day you'll find me chasing him around the house and/or playing outside. He does like Nemo, but is too small to have the attention span to watch for long.
Right now, Bryce's favorite things are books that we try to read at least once every day. He Loves to be the one to turn the pages, and I am surprised that he has the patience to sit through me reading it all before turning them. He loves climbing on things (which is something I did as a child according to my father) and he is quite the little spider monkey. Bryce is very much like his brother in that he is Very physically active. That boy (unless we are reading) does not like to sit still...he is my little "go go go!" He loves snack too (much like Jenna) and lives by the need to do everything himself. He now thinks he should be able to feed himself, which means food time = huge mess for mommy time. David and Jenna favor me for the most part, Jenna especially, but Bryce favors Shane. Bryce has my eye color, but that is about it....although I can look at him and a picture of his sister and there is a very strong resemblance. Who knows?
Sometimes I sit back and have a hard time believing that I am the mother of an 8 year old, a 6 year old and an 8 month old. Where in the world did the time go? I remember being pregnant with each of them, bringing them home...just like it was yesterday. They grow so quickly...it kind of makes me sad. Bryce is more than likely my last child (I had my tubes tied, Shane now decided he wants another child and wants me to get them untied) I don't see that happening. I LOVE my kids, I HATE being pregnant. It sucks.
Anyway, now I have started all over with Bryce and the wonders never cease. He is doing so much these days! He crawls, and let me tell you that boy can haul! He races across my living room like its nothing...usually when I'm chasing him trying to get something he shouldn't have. He pulls up on EVERYTHING, the look on his face when he does this is priceless. He is so proud of himself! Now here lately he pulls up to standing and lets go. He can stand on his own for a bit before he loses concentration and falls down, but don't you know it...he gets right back up. He cruises around the furniture like a little speed racer. Where does the time go?
I have a few things in my life that I consider great accomplishments, but none of those things even remotely compare to my children. Who knew that I could make something that wonderful...something so amazing?
I certainly didn't :)
Anywho, picture time...again lol
Not a great picture of me (Im not depressed, I was looking at something lol) but the expression on Bryce's face is funny ;) He was watching a moth lol
This is Jenna, she was not much older than Bryce in this picture. She had so much hair that I usually had to keep it up in a pony tail like this lol
This is David looking like he belongs in a boy band lol
That's the snake that was in the metal stuff I carried out of the Silos...no, I didn't know it was in there at the time. Imagine my surprise when Sir Snakey decided to come on out. *shudder* Mind you, I'm 6ft tall. Yeah...that's a big sucker.
Me playing with my camera...the obligitory "facebook photo" lol
What the heck are these things on my FEET?!
Me back in my military days (this was taken in either '07 or '08)
A big part of me misses it and really wants to re-enlist.
That's Bryce when he was around 3 months old...my little football star already! :)
That was my poor belly at 9 months pregnant with Bryce. Look what that kid did to me!!!!!!! I was in the worst pain imaginable... He was huge.
That's me and Shane when I was 8 months pregnant. I had to stay in that dang chair the whole time...stupid bed rest lol....Man I was HUGE!!!! No wonder I'm struggling with weight now hehe
Anyway that's all for now!











No comments:
Post a Comment