Sunday, September 19, 2010

May you Rest In Peace.

Mom and Dad back in the day....













On September 19, 1999 my step Dad took his life.  I can tell you that for the past 11 years I have been furious with this man.  Not because of the way we lived, but because he left us when we needed him the most.  It took me til now to finally understand. I hope he knows I forgive him.  For everything.
I may have found my biological father, but that doesn't replace or negate everything that Dad did for me.  It doesn't make me love him less, and it doesn't hurt any less to know he is gone.
R.I.P. Barry Brooks Doolittle

1 comment:

  1. my step dad .. who is my dad (he adopted me and raised me) is precious to me. My biological father walked out on our family when I was a baby. I couldn't be more thankful . God may have had one way for me to be born but a completely different person in mind to raise me.
    For that I am grateful.
    I am sorry for all of the pain you have had to endure with the loss of your step dad. I can't imagine how confusing and scary, and hurtful it was to lose him the way you did.
    Thank you for sharing such an intimate post
    xoxo
    Sharr

    ReplyDelete