Thursday, July 22, 2010

Old MacDonald can keep his farm!!!!

Let me start by saying that I am by no means a girly girl.  I wear makeup solely for the purpose of not scaring small children and I run a brush through my hair pretty much only IF I leave the house or its too tangled to throw into a pony tail.  I don't mind most creatures, don't mind getting dirty

HOWEVER....this is what was in my house today.
Notice he seems to be chopped in two.  I went out into the backroom because that is where we keep the deep freezer and thought I stepped on what seemed to be rope when I glanced down.  Um, wasn't rope, was a baby rattlesnake.  There is one thing on this earth that I am afraid of and that would be snakes.  I can tolerate the pet ones behind glass but this sucker was by my foot, and I was barefoot.
My MIL and I got it cornered  and she held it in place with a hoe while I cut it in half with a short crowbar. Just for good measure I then beat it to hell and back with a hammer.
I DO NOT LIKE SNAKES.








And this is me after I got the pieces of snake outside....please ignore the fact that I'm ginormous....and wearing my husband's workboots because I was convinced that would protect me from a bite.  That snake looks rather puny in my shadow, but I assure you, it was girl-eating size....at least that is what makes my story seem a little more um...heroic.











I've spent the rest of my afternoon on snake patrol because I've decided that was the baby, and where theres a baby there's gotta be a momma or even worse...a daddy.  That happens and I'm going for the shotgun and climbing on top of something high. 
On to happier news, we have a new puppy.  I say we because what started out as "I" quickly changed when Shane picked the puppy up.  His name is Ace and he's a teeny chihuahua puppy.  I will put up pictures when I get them off my phone.  Ace and Bryce get along well, which was the only thing I was worried about.  I won't leave them alone together because i'm afraid Bryce would eat him, but they do play and its cute.

As far as the diet stuff goes, I have decided to give myself a little bit of a break because I know I will buckle down when I start the hcg.  Trying to kill myself preparing for it is just making things unbearable.  Blogging does seem to help because i can go back and read the things that were bothering me when my head is clear and I'm a bit more rational. 
I think lil man is about to wake from the nap so off I go!

1 comment:

  1. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! (that is a saying instead of CUSSING) Are you kidding me? a snake ????? I would have keeled over on sight . I am TERRIFIED of snakes ...
    Unbelievable.... my only fear of moving back to the farm!
    Girl you are amazingly brave ... AMAZING you need a cape... :)
    I am glad you weren't hurt make sure to keep an eye on a puppy they don't know snakes are bad til they get bit...
    wow I am still stitting here jaw open

    ReplyDelete