500 channels and there ain't much on tonight
but reality shows about some folks so called life.
A pretty girl cries 'cause she don't get a rose
But she'll find love next year on her own show
And they call that Real...
Real is a hand you hold 57 years
Real is a band of gold trembling with fear
Its the first long tear down an old man's face
Watchin' his angel slippin away
His heart so broke its never gonna heal
I call that real
Where I live Housewives don't act like that
And the "survivors" are farmers in John Deer hats
Our Amazing Race is beating the check
Prayin' that the bank aint ran in through yet
Yeah I call that Real
Thats just part of a new country song that just came out, and I have to say...he hit the nail on the head. People get so wrapped up in watching their reality shows as if real life really works that way. Army Wives, Desperate Housewives, Survivor...they can sometimes be somewhat entertaining, but give me a break already...its not real.
My blog, my two cents. :)
At any rate...Fall has officially moved in! I love this season probably more than the others, mainly just because of the scents, foods and family. There is nothing better than walking in to a warm house that smells like cinnamon or pumpkin spice.
We're rocking cinnamon spice at the moment...now if my house was CLEAN....it would be perfect.
There is something uplifting about this time of year.
The only thing I really am dreading at this point though honestly is Christmas. Christmas is my favorite time of year, but this year we are spending it with Shane's family and it is looking like its going to be one big huge stress fest. Not because I don't like his family, but because they celebrate it alot differently than I do. They have to have events scheduled out and everything has to be perfect, whereas I am used to spending time with my family (hubby and children) in a kind of happy, calm quiet environment. I feel like I have to be put on display when I'm around them, and they are all very "look at me and what I did" ish.
To each their own.
But Bryce's 1st birthday is on Christmas Day (Good Grief, where did the year go?!) and I'm planning on just having 2 parties for the little guy. The one I want, and then the one I think his grandmother has planned. I know she means well, but sometimes its a bit overbearing. We butt heads because I want things with Bryce a certain way and sometimes she just does whatever she wants to. I guess its difficult to give up the reigns when you're so used to being the one that is always in charge.
I think for Bryce's 1st party (at home) I'm going to make him a little cake just for him, we'll do some decorations, some presents and it will just be small. I want to make him a little baseball cake, since he seems so fond of that sport...I'm way excited :)
For the one on Christmas Day I'll still make him a cake, but we'll do that one at Nana's house with his grandparents. idk yet...
I can't get over how far my little boy has come this past 10 months. I try not to, but I compare where he is at to where David and Jenna were at this age often. He's going to be tall like his Bubba and Sissy for sure. I'm glad that I had put their milestones and such on a computer site before my divorce, their baby books were destroyed after everything went on. I've done the same thing with Bryce's because its nice to have a safe place...you never know what will happen lol
I'm still trying to figure out what to get Shane for Christmas. I'm almost thinking my best bet is a gift card to Academy. That's the safest route to go...he knows what he likes better than I do. I've decided I want a sewing machine and a guitar for Christmas. I may have to get those things for myself though...
I"ve been working on getting my health under control. I've been managing the BPD, now I just have to get a grip on the Metabolic crap and the Diabetes. Thyroid would be great too.... ugh. I Feel OLD!!!! I have to put meds in a pill box like my Dad :) Speaking of, he's doing somewhat better, but he is stubborn about going to his dr appts. That's a whole other can of worms though.
I'm going running today for the first time in a long time. I've talked Shane into watching Bryce for me 3 days a week so that I can work out. We shall see how that goes...wish me luck, and if you don't hear from me tonight it probably means my out of shape arse had a heart attack and died on some backroad. :)
I'm committed to getting in Shape...Holiday pictures are quickly approaching and I don't want to be the fat Jolly family member.
*shudder*
Hope all is well with those that read (and my sister LOL)
what exactly does that last statement mean lol! love ya!
ReplyDeleteThat means you're so special I have to mention you all by yourself :)
ReplyDeleteOf course...I DO have 5 sisters..
(yes, I had to do a mental head count just to remember..)
But we both know I was talking about YOU!