If you've read my blog at all you have probably caught on to the fact that I'm on (or about to be on) some sort of diet. Of course, by reading you've also figured out that said diets usually last a couple of weeks or less and then I'm thinking about the next one. Well, I think I've figured out how to finally stick to one....and it is all thanks to my husband. He has decided he wants to lose weight too, and being the competitive arse that I always have been, this has kicked my butt into gear. He's already lost 8lbs, but I will lose more!!!!
Now I realize how ridiculous that statement was. I should be HAPPY he is wanting to lose weight and get healthy and, believe me, I am. I just think I would lose my mind if he lost weight while I stayed...fluffy. Besides, I can adhere to my diet now because he just gave me the green light to do all of the grocery shopping. :) Huge victory for me! *does happy dance* So he's down 8lbs, I'm down 1. I'll take it, since I started yesterday lol I even got REALLY motivated and put up a "sign in sheet" of sorts next to my bathroom scale. Hard to ignore the numbers when they are staring you in the face lol
So, game on.
In other less psychotic news....I got to reading my sister's blog about the hair issues and I feel the need to follow that with my own woes. She has duck hair, well I have VANISHING hair. Yeah, it still sticks out in all the wrong places, but it is also breaking off HORRIBLY. I"ve always had super thick hair (actually, it used to be my best feature) and now....where in the hell is my hair going?! Sooo damaged (hey, I only did the baking soda thing maybe twice!) but it isn't really dry per se, its just seriously breaking off. I thought at first that I was going bald, but then as I got to looking, the hairs don't have the follicle attached, its just falling off mid-strand.
Question to you...How do I fix this?! Yes, I DO dye my hair once every 6 months or so (due up again, bad roots showing) but I don't use heat on it much. The only thing I can think of is maybe putting it up in a ponytail EVERY minute of every day is doing it? Weigh in here please!!! I don't wanna be bald. ugh. Also, as much as I hate to admit it...I need serious girl help here. I am SO clueless on how to do my makeup, eyebrows (I DON'T do anything with em usually...) and clothing. I'm kind of sick of wearing gym clothes everyday, but I have no idea what looks good.
Help a sista out here.
At any rate, it is now time to commence with my day, which will include laundry, bleaching baseboards and generally getting buried under housework. Unless there is something really good on facebook lol
No comments:
Post a Comment