What is it about Halloween that signals some vast turning point? You walk in to Walmart and behold! Aisle after aisle of...Christmas stuff?!?
Methinks we skipped a holiday or two somewhere....or maybe those don't count anymore due to the fact that they don't spark a massive spending spree. Society as a whole seems to be rushing through life, one shopping season at a time. If we skipped halloween, I'd understand. But why do we skip over the holiday that teaches us to give thanks for what we have?!
Whatever.
I've been spending less and less time on the computer lately. Most of that is because I am enjoying playing with Bryce. Did you ever think about the fact that there are two types of play that parents engage in with their children? There's the "I'm going to sit on the floor with you while I'm watching tv/folding laundry/talking or txting on the phone/surfing the web but I'm spending time with you because you can crawl on me if you want, and I think that rolling the ball back when you bounced it off of my leg counts as playing catch"...and then there is the act of actually engaging your child/ren in meaningful playtime, teaching them, actually getting on their level to explore their surroundings.
Of course then there are the parents that think its acceptable to just stick their kid in the playpen with toys...hey, at least they can see you right?
Whatever happened to playing with your children, without needing the latest blinky/flashy/noisey toy?! Whatever happened to reading your child a book? How did this become a lost art? Thank the computer age.
Anyway, we've been busy as of late. Shane had a birthday, then there was halloween/relatives/friends. I"m worn out, but its because I have this need to have a perfect house when people come over, and I feel the need to cook foods that look like they came straight from the cookbook. Trying to pretend I'm perfect is killing me. lol
I hate when I get on here to blog though. I have plenty going through my head, but when I try to put in up on the screen...I go blank. I miss human interaction. You know, the kind where your friends come over and you TALK instead of texting. Technology is turning people in to homebodies and hermits. At least I think so.
Really isn't much more to talk about I don't guess. Things are pretty much business as usual. I have a pretty uneventful life...but I'm really ok with that.
now off to make Shane's dinner! (that I can't eat because I'm on protocol...)
No comments:
Post a Comment