Its been a while since my last post. Not for lack of material, just lack of motivation to jot it down. Things are fine with me, I just have been focusing on my kiddo instead of parking my ever expanding arse in front of the computer.
I can't remember where I left off, soooo we'll just fast forward to now.
Small Victories
Shane and I have the worst eating habits in creation. If its high cal we eat it. If its healthy, it never makes the shopping cart. We've lost track of our portion sizes, and snacks could be 2 or 3 meals in a small country. I don't know how we got this way, but here we are. Until Monday. I (with help of my sister) sat down and made out a grocery list that was super healthy and then I went and made dinner. We had spaghetti, but I made it with spaghetti squash instead of pasta noodles. SHANE ACTUALLY ATE IT!!!!! What's even scarier is that He liked it!!!!! He even let me stick to the grocery list and agreed that we need to get healthy.
I win!!!
Beauty Blunders
Remember when I said my hair is falling out? Well, I've decided that it isn't actually falling out as much as I thought, but it IS breaking off. Big time. I'm going to get my hair cut this weekend for the first time in God knows when. Stay tuned for pics....I hope I don't have to go too short!
All Things Bryce
I cannot begin to tell you how much this child is changing on a day to day basis! He is getting so big, it almost seems like time is just flying. He is full of energy, loves bugs and playing games, says some words and LOVES food (the main reason we are changing our habits) He is such a joy to have around, I"ve been blessed for sure! These days he is testing out his balance and trying to walk on his own. He's about got it down, which I'm not so sure I'm ready for. I've had to "redecorate" my house just to keep him out of things that he shouldn't be in. I try to let him explore..but that boy is a spider monkey! He climbs on top of things!!! He still only as 2 teeth, apparently the ones we thought were just about through have decided to hang back for a while...soooo we're still drooling and chewing and slobbering. Fun! I can't believe my little boy is going to be 1 in a couple of months...where did the time go?!
All Things Shane
Shane...is being Shane. His obsession with disc golf is about to cause me to stuff his body down the well. Its not enough that I have to hear about disc golf EVERY WAKING HOUR OF MY LIFE WHEN HE'S AROUND but now he goes and plays with his friends after work (instead of coming home to us) and he spends money we really don't have on tournaments on his days off. We're about to have a "come to Jesus meeting". I'm about at the point where its disc golf or us. I don't want all of his time, just want him there for his son. I dont' think that's too much to ask.
All the other crud lumped into one title
Really there isn't much to report in my life, its been the same thing different day for a while now. I get up, I clean, I take care of my Son, I cook, I clean, I clean and I take care of Shane.
Thats about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment