Saturday, March 27, 2010

Thoughts from the organization-challenged...

I woke up around 6 this morning knowing that I had a full day ahead of me.  I was carefully planning out my day while feeding Bryce his bottle, and I was pretty optimistic about the whole thing. Let me just say this - IF we ever move again, i'm having a bonfire for all of our belongings and I'm heading straight to Wal-mart to furnish our new home with bean bag chairs and blow up furniture.  I'm not even remotely joking at this point.  Everytime I unpacked a box, it seemed as if one more box replaced it.  The closer I got to thinking I was done the further away I realized I actually was.  We moved from a 3 bedroom apartment, so I was thinking we wouldn't have that much...surely not.  WRONG!!  We have more crap than we ever needed.  How in the world did I accumulate so much...junk?!?
So yes, beanbag furniture.
On a more fun note, Bryce is now eating rice cereal.  I wasn't going to start this early but the formula just really didn't seem to satisfy him.  He spent more time with the bottle than without it.  He's adorable though, at the end of his meal I let him hold his spoon and he gets so proud of himself when he manages to get it into his mouth.  He misses more often than not though. :)  For someone who had such a rough beginning ( I will explain that in another post one day) he is doing amazing things.  I never thought he would do this well and it is a great relief and blessing that he is.  To go from almost losing my  baby to having him do things earlier than most his age is....wonderful.
I need tips on growing a garden.  I am going to till up a HUGE plot of land to plant things such as spinach, lettuce, already have the onions in the ground, carrots, beans, peppers, tomatoes...squash, and a few fruit bushes and trees.  I've never grown anything this large before and i'm not sure when the best time to get them all planted would be.  I'm growing organic and would like to feed my family this way.  We are also getting chickens.  Not to neccessarily eat the birds, but to get the fresh eggs.  I want to depend more on our land and less on the stores.  Money is tight for everyone and this would help.  I draw the line there though.  You will NOT see me out milking cows. * shudder*  I'm not that devoted...and we aren't that hard up.
I have to say that I truly do love it here though.  It is so peaceful and serene.  I can sit on the porch in my pajamas and not have to worry about who sees me.  I can have my son out with me in the yard without having to worry about some weirdo doing something.  This is the way I've always wanted to raise my children.  now I am.
Anyway, this post is long enough.  I'm worn out and ready for sleep!
But first, PICTURE TIME :  this is the side yard

This is my 13 week old that thinks he can walk.

Byce is such a little ham!!!


My next post should have more pictures of our place, and a montage of our garden ;)

1 comment: